Scholarships to study abroad
There is a plethora of scholarships available for Indian students!
Grants and scholarships are a great way to reduce your overall expenses on overseas education. A common misconception among candidates is that there are no scholarship opportunities available for international students. Well, that’s not true. Governments and universities around the world value high performing students and have many scholarship programs designed to attract the best and the brightest minds in their country.
MyScholarship by MAC
We know it can be a little confusing which scholarship to go for with so many options available, and that’s why our counsellors work with you to discover and apply for the best scholarships for you. Not just that, to help you find the best available options, our new video series – MyScholarship is just on-point! We bring you all scholarship-related information in one place so you don’t have worry at all and you can browse through your options with ease.
Types of scholarships available
There are various kinds of scholarships available for every kind of student, majorly categorised as:
- Merit-based: Based on a student’s academic record or extracurricular activities such as achievements in sports and service to the community.
- Student specific: Students who qualify based on factors such as gender, race, religion, family and medical history can apply to such scholarships.
- Destination specific: Several public authorities, governments or universities grant bursaries and funds to students from a particular country. For instance, scholarships offered by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade of New Zealand or the Chevening fellowship granted by the UK Government for international students from Commonwealth countries.
- Subject specific: Certain universities and institutions award grants to students who plan to pursue a specific field of study.
- Need-based: Targeted towards students facing financial constraint, these scholarships are offered on the basis of your parent’s financial background. Authorities may ask you for documents such as family income, tax statements, employment proofs, etc.
- Athletic scholarships: Provided to top-notch sportsmen, these scholarships require you to contribute with rigorous training and representing your university at events whilst balancing your education.
Make A Career In Top Countries & Best Universities Accros The Globe